Friday, June 6, 2008

A trip to downtown McKeesport

In case some of you don't know - downtown McKeesport is now a shell of it's former self. When I was a kid, after my dentist appointment, my mom and gram and I would go shopping and have lunch there. Fast forward 25 years and here I am taking my son to his first dentist appointment at the same office I went to! Except downtown McKeesport has no shops or luncheon spots...it has abandoned buildings and scary looking people hanging on the street.

Noah and I parked in a parking garage near his dentist's office. When we walked back to the garage after his appointment (which was AWESOME!! He got 4 out of 4 stars!) we have this conversation:
Noah: "Do horses live here?"
Me: "No honey, this is a garage, cars live here."
Noah: "NO!! Horses live here! I smell them...they pee in here!"

I didn't know exactly how to explain to a 3 year old that while he was smelling urine, it was not horse urine, it most likely belongs to the scary people hanging out and living on the streets of downtown McKeesport.

1 comment:

Ben and Cori Momma said...

OMG, that is hysterical!!! And being from the South Hills myself, I find the truth in the humor even funnier!!