Monday, June 9, 2008

Make it your own

If you watch American Idol, the title of this post means something to you. Randy and Paula and Simon are always telling the contestants to take a song and "make it their own". Meaning, sing it your way, not a "karaoke version" of the original artist. Noah loves to watch American Idol (he thinks Paula is pretty!), so I guess he's taken their advice to heart. He takes everyone else's stories and makes them his own.

My brother told a story about a bat in his friend's basement that ended up being only a bird. Noah thought this was the greatest story ever told, and all of a sudden it became HIS story. It went something like this: "I went to the basement and there was a bird! So I ran up the steps and slammed the door and the bird SMACKED in to the door! When I opened it, I saw it was a hawk! Then, the hawk flew out of the window." (In the original story, my brother runs up the stairs thinking a bat is chasing him, slams the door and then the "bat" hits the door. He opens the door to his friend laughing at him, because it was just a bird. Like a sparrow or something. Not a hawk!)

Walt found a baby bird in our car the other day. It was on the headrest and he had to get gloves and get him out. Noah's version goes something like this: "I got in my car and there were BEARS! I turned my head and there were the bears. So I got my gloves and I got all the bears out and they runned away."

If he doesn't become an actor or an author, then I think he will be wasting his God given talent! Of course, as his mother, I am still hoping he turns out to be a doctor. Then, when I'm at Bingo when I'm 80 I can tell all the other ladies about "my son, the DOCTOR!" HA!

No comments: