Monday, June 9, 2008

Let Sleeping Dogs Lie...



My parents had a greyhound named Subtle who had to be put to sleep before Noah was born. But my parents have pictures of her, and a scrap book that I made for them, that Noah looks at all of the time. So he has seen pictures of Subtle and probably heard us reminisce about her stealing hamburgers off of our plates, which must make him feel like he "knows" her. Lately, he's been talking about her ALL of the time. He even showed my mom the part of his hand where she bit him!

This past weekend, he asked if he could pet her and I told him that she went to heaven because she had died. Well, that opened a whole new can of worms. All weekend he would ask these questions:

  • How did Subtle get dead?

  • Why did she die?

  • How did she get sick?

  • Can we go to heaven to pet her?

He even told my mother-in-law on the phone that Subtle had died. Of course, my mother-in-law had no idea who Subtle was...she asked him if she just died yesterday. Noah replied, "No, tomorrow!" On a less morbid note, here's a picture of Noah and my brother, Adam's, dog Lloyd. He has not "got dead"!



No comments: