Tuesday, January 6, 2009

The Chistmas Play

It's been a while! I took a long break over Christmas time...but now I have so much to catch you all up on. So, we'll just start at the beginning!

Noah's school has an annual school play. They do the Nativity Scene - the 4 year olds (aka "the big kids") are the people in the nativity, the 3 year olds (Noah's class) are the animals. Which as you all know, an animal was the perfect part for Noah to play.

For weeks before the play, we'd ask Noah which animal he was playing. He would never give us a straight answer -- an arctic fox was the most popular answer he'd give, but sometimes he'd tell us a skunk and once, he told my mother he was going to be a werewolf. Can you imagine a werewolf at the nativity scene? Makes it a whole new story! Turns out...he was a donkey! Our pictures didn't turn out that great - but here he is. He even shook his head and moved his ears around like a real donkey. I see a future in acting!


After the big kids put on the little nativity scene, they all joined in a big sing along. Noah didn't do a whole lot of singing. Walt thought maybe it's because Noah only goes to school 2 days a week and didn't learn the songs. But, most of them were traditional Christmas songs, that I know he knows...and the other we heard him belting out a few days later. He told me he was too nervous up there to sing. I guess considering that I'm his mother (and if you remember, I was nervous in the hot tub on vacation, thinking a crazed maniac was going to come out of the woods to get me)...I guess it's a good possibility. It is funny to hear a 3 year old say he's nervous though!


There's the group shot. I do have to say that a few times, I choked up. Seeing my baby in his first school play. I can only imagine next year when he's IN the play and playing a person...I don't think I'll be able to hold back the tears!

No comments: