Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Oh Christmas Tree

On Sunday, we went to pick out our Christmas tree. We went to Lowe's because they're not as expensive, and they put them on sale because I guess they think Dec 14 is too late to put up a tree. Anyway, since you just throw away the real tree, and our house is too small for a giant one, we just go there. There were about 7 trees left to choose from. We were a row away, and Noah spotted one that he liked -- we walked over to it, and it was a great little tree. (Considering what the other 6 looked like!) We looked at one or two more, but went with the tree that Noah picked. He was SO proud!


Later in the day, Walt got the tree in to the stand, we dragged the ornaments out and started decorating. We were close to being finished, when all of a sudden, the tree just fell over. Crashed to the ground right in front of us! And Noah started to cry. He was so upset - I think it was a combination of the crash, the noise it made and me yelling for Walt. He kept saying "MY tree! MY tree!" I kept reassuring him that Daddy would get it fixed (and with some wood to hold the tree in place AND some rope, it finally is!). Even after he finished crying, he would get sad, stick out that bottom lip and say "I'm still really upset! Will you fix it just like it was, momma?" I tried my best to make it look the way it did before, but I think once it falls over, it never looks as good again.


We did let him put the star on top, so that seemed to help him feel better. I felt so bad for him though, I really think his little heart broke when the tree fell! Notice how he and Walt are making the same exact face - I guess it takes a lot of concentration to put the star on top.

3 comments:

Life with Pog & FLeC said...

I'm sorry the tree fell over. :( I hope Noah won't remember that and will just remember the good stuff!

Lisa said...

He is just such a cutie!

Ben and Cori Momma said...

Merry Christmas Noah! I'm sorry your tree fell over, but you did a great job putting that star on top!