Tuesday, October 28, 2008

What A Week!




Last week was a little crazy at our house. First, I caught the black plague that is going around my office. I even shared it with my mom. (Aren't I nice?) Then, on Tuesday, my Auntie gave us all a huge scare and had a heart attack. It was small, and she's doing great now and is home. But, man, we were all really worried about her!



Some good things happened, too. Saturday was our 5th wedding anniversary. I can't believe it's been 5 years. And thank goodness the weather was better 5 years ago, than this year. The day we got married it was low 70's and sunny. This past Saturday was rainy and chilly. That morning, we were honored to stand up for my BFF's son, Cameron as he was baptised. I thought it was very special to becoming Godparents together 5 years after we said our vows. And Cameron (I promise to get a picture of him!) is just precious. So sweet and lovable. The priest really got him with the water, it was running down in to his eyes - I was holidng him and I was sure he was going to wail. And then I'd have felt awful. He looked confused for a minute, then just went back to his usual chill self. He was back to sleep in no time. In fact, he pretty much slept all day.
During the service, the priest told Carlee (Cameron's big sister) that she was special. I think he was doing this so she didn't feel left out. Noah got a sad look on his face and said "I'm not special?" I whispered and assured him that he, too, is special. He had a great afternoon. He and Carlee are besties, and he loves to go to her house. He really didn't want to go home!

That evening, we dropped Noah off at my mom's - they had a special movie night - and headed to Monterey Bay. We got a window seat, not on the city side, but it was still a pretty view. Walt had lobster tail, I had something called Hebi, and it was tasty! It was served with these yummy potatoes and spinach. (I usually don't like cooked spinach, but this was soooo good!) We finished it off with some death by chocolate cake. It was a nice end, to an otherwise not so great week. Here we are on our honeymoon - sigh - to be back there!


2 comments:

Life with Pog & FLeC said...

What a lovely way to celebrate your anniversary. You look terrific. I know I haven't seen you in a long time, but your hair has really gotten long! :) Here's to many more years together!

Emmy said...

sounds like you had a great anniversary!! :) (and I'm glad to hear that you have made a full recovery)