Thursday, October 2, 2008

All I Want for Christmas...

...is a small iPod. WHAT? Yes, that is what my 3 year old requested when I asked him what he thought he might like Santa to bring him this year. I thought it was going to be another member of the animal kingdom -- last year he wanted a mouse. For his birthday, he wanted an elephant for the basement. So, when he said a "small iPod", I was shocked. And honestly, I thought I had a few more years before he requested electronic equipment. What's next? A flat screen tv?

He does request that I bring my iPod on the car all of the time. His latest obsession? "Hungry like the Wolf" by Duran Duran. We can play that song 3.4 times between my house and my mom's. It' s hilarious though to hear him in the backseat trying to sing along to Duran Duran. He calls it "mustard the ground", one of the lines (I think "I smell like I sound") sounds like "mustard the ground to him". I'll try to get that on video!

In order to not have to listen to Duran Duran 3.4 times each car trip, I made him his own playlist for the iPod. I downloaded Can you Feel the Love Tonight, Hakuna Matata and Supercalifragilisticexpealidocious. I also added Duran Duran, "Hey there Delilah", "Yellowsubmarine", "Feels Like Tonight" and "Life is a Highway", figuring I'd get to listen to at least 10 songs per car trip. I was outsmarted by a 3 year old again though -- because he only wanted to hear Hakuna Matata over and over. We listened to that about 9 times between our house and Monroeville Mall. Oh well, Hakuna Matata!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I can't believe he requested an ipod. That is just too funny. You'll have to let me know what he ends up getting :)

Life with Pog & FLeC said...

How cute! :) I can't believe the things he comes up with.