Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Pumpkin Patch


On Sunday, we took our annual trip to Triple B Farms to choose a pumpkin. The weather was so beautiful, by 10:30 am, it was hot. That is not a complaint, I love me some Indian Summer!

Noah loved looking at all of the different sizes and shapes of the pumpkins, and this year, his favorite sport was trying to pick up the biggest pumpkins. We finally convinced him that it was better to pick up the ones that were "Noah" sized. I really thought we'd be paying for a smooshed pumpkin, but alas, that prediction did not come true.





He found a stuffed Frankenstein on a bench, that he insisted I take his picture with. He is going to be Frankenstein for Halloween, so he was really excited to pose with this Frankenstein. Here they are -- long lost twins!

He also rode 3 ponies - Little Bit, Missy and Golden. Golden was more like a horse -- his back was near my dad's shoulders. (And my dad is tall). Another one of my fears, besides birds is horses. I come from a long line of women with Equinophobia (that's the fear of horses - I heart google!). So, the sight of my baby on a BIG horse (well, bigger than ponies anyway), was enough to make my palms sweat a little. My dad walked with him, and he wasn't afraid at all - he kept saying "Are you giving me a bumpy ride?" I'll post the video of his ride on Golden the horse next. He talked about the pony rides for an entire year, so he was really looking forward to that part of the pumpkin patch. He even told the handler that Little Bit (one of the ponies from last year), missed him!



We ended the day feeding the greedy little goats and going on a hay ride. The hay ride prompted Noah to pretend he was a horse for the rest of the day. In fact, he wouldn't give anyone a high five with his fingers, he used his "muzzle" (aka his head) to give the high five. Because that's how horses would do it.


We came home with a big pumpkin, a "Noah" sized pumkin and 2 mums. We also hit up the store for various pumpkin cookies, birch beer, beef jerkey, and a cute fall scarf. (Guess which one of those things from the store was for me!) It was a wonderful day and I can't wait to go back next year.


3 comments:

Melissa said...

How adorable!

Emmy said...

sounds like you guys had a great time!!

Lisa said...

This sounds like such a great trip! Hope we can get together with you two sometime soon!