Thursday, February 18, 2010

What Noah is up to



Let's see...Noah has been up to a lot since I updated last. He can write all of his letters (amazingly well), became an expert sled rider, and won the Heisman trophy. Okay, I am kidding about the last part...it hasn't been THAT long! But, he did get his picture taken with it at the car show.

It's hard to believe in just a few months he'll graduate from pre-school and Kindergarten will be looming in front of us. In our school district, K is all day, every day and while I think that's a lot for 5 year olds, I think he's ready. Am I ready? Not really - it seems like he was just born. They grow up so quickly.

He's going to a class at the zoo tomorrow. "If I were a zookeeper". He's really excited, so I'll be sure to post about that experience. I think if he enjoys it, we're going to think about sending him to zoo camp in the summer. He says he wants to be a zoo keeper, so when I saw this class listed I knew it would be right up his alley. He got to pick who went with him, and he chose Walt. (Much to my chagrin). So I keep saying "Well, when you're there, you could ask THIS question." I can't wait to hear all about it. Although I think he might be slightly disappointed that he's not in the tiger cage schlepping tiger poop! ;)

And to leave you with a funny Noah story - I'll tell the tale of the "Cup O Soup". About a month or so ago, Walt and Noah were out playing in the snow. When they came in Walt asked Noah if he'd like a "Cup O Soup" for lunch. Noah said yes. Walt brings Noah a mug with soup in it. And Noah says "WHAT IS THIS? You put my SOUP in a CUP? What is wrong with you? This could spill all over me and burn me!"

We tried to explain to him that it was soup that you put in a cup and sort of drank, and it was fine. He insisted on it being poured in to a bowl. Sometimes it's like he's an 85 year old man set in his ways, instead of a 5 year old!

No comments: