Tuesday, June 16, 2009

The Par-Tay

A few days after his real birthday, Noah had what he likes to call his "fake" birthday. (AKA a party that is NOT on your actual birthday). We had a party at the park near our house. It's the perfect spot because 1) there is plenty of room for everyone 2) there is a playground for all of the kids to keep busy on 3) I have no mess at my house. (And guess which one is my #1 motivator to have the party at the park??) The playground. What were you thinking? ;)



The theme for this year's party was Scooby Doo. He has a major crush on Daphne from the show. He's always telling us how he buys her makeup. And he also told us the reason he likes Daphne and not Velma is that he only likes girls who wear make-up. Yes, he is 4. (He must have a thing for red heads because "Jane the wife" from The Jetsons is also one of his "girls". ) Anyway, here is the cake that my cousin Holly made for him. She always does such a fantastic job...and the cakes taste good too!


He had a few friends at the party and one of the big hits was the pinata. They all took turns taking a whack at poor Scooby. He held together pretty well, until finally we let my 14 year old cousin take a turn, and he knocked his head clean off. Then it was a kid swarm on the candy and treats we stuffed him with!
He got a lot of nice presents - and had fun running around with his pals. So I'd say his "fake" birthday was a success!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Scooby Doo was my absolute favorite when I was Noah's age. I would be Daphna and would tie up all my uncles after catching them for their "crime." To be honest, I still love Scooby....I'm so glad the party was a success.