Friday, August 8, 2008

We've got a rider...


I've been MIA lately. I've had to work, go figure. Anyway, I've been meaning to post about this for a while. At the end of our vacation, we went to Idlewild Park and a few weeks later, we headed to Kennywood. I wasn't sure what he'd think of the rides - but he loved them. His first, was with Walt on the Whip at Idlewild. Being the nervous nelly that I am, I stood and watched in terror...imagining my baby flying out or being scared. But, they rounded the first corner and I saw the biggest smile on his face I had ever seen. And then I heard the giant belly laugh. And I knew that Noah had finally found the joy in amusement rides.

We rode the ferris wheel and the paratrooper, both of which he loved. Then, he said he wanted to do the roller coaster. I wasn't sure, but told him if he was tall enough, we'd ride it. Sure enough, he met the height requirement and off we went on the Little Dipper. He loved it. So, he was all geared up for Kennywood. We did a nice mix of big rides and Kiddie land rides. He even rode a bigger ride in Kiddieland that went up down and all around all alone. (that one made me nervous...) I am so excited that he loves rides like me, and I can't wait for the day that he is tall enough to ride the Thunderbolt with me! (And there's the pic I promised!)

1 comment:

Life with Pog & FLeC said...

How wonderful that Noah likes the rides! He is such a big boy!