Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Pre-School Orientation


That's my big guy at his first Pirates game! Last night was a big night for us. It was pre-school orientation. I think I was more nervous than the pre-schooler! The first 15 or 20 minutes the director just gave us some general info - you know, don't let your kid run in to the school by him/herself. (Really, people would do that with a 3 year old??) Don't let strangers in to the building with you - just common sense rules.


Then, we were called by room color to meet the teachers and see the room. Noah is in the Yellow Room. He listened with gusto, and marched right along when he heard them call Yellow. Miss Trudy and Miss April are his teachers. He even stopped in the hallway to chat with the receptionist, who we had seen and talked to at International Village in McKeesport a week earlier. He says "Hi! I think we saw you at Idlewild, remember?" She laughed and said that International Village and Idlewild are sort of a like.


We enter the Yellow room, where we found his cubby. (he has a cubby! My baby is growing up!) And we found his name on an apple on the bulletin board, showing that he's an official member of the Yellow Class come next Tuesday. There's also another "Noah" in the class, so I guess starts the time in his life when he's known as "Noah V".


He walked in, met two other classmates and never looked back. He just began to play and even cleaned up when he was finished playing with something immediately! I really think he's going to love going to school. In fact, he got a little sad when it was time to go home. Next Tuesday is the big day...stay tuned for a report on the first day of school. We'll see who cries more - me or him! (I have a feeling it will be me!)

3 comments:

Life with Pog & FLeC said...

What a big boy Noah is becoming!!! I can't imagine the mix of pride you have at seeing what a good and independent boy he is combined with the sadness of knowing he's no longer a baby. Good luck!!!

Unknown said...

wow, he's a big boy now! When I started nursery school I told my mom "you can go now, I don't need you anymore!" and she cried all the way home. Raising independent children is a double edged sword!

Emmy said...

awww....I can't believe he's starting school! You have to take lots of pictures next week, I expect a full report!