Thursday, May 27, 2010

Happy Birthday to Noah!

So as of my last post I had all of these great ideas of posts to remember Noah through his 5 years. Then, the students that I work with kind of went mad last week and all hell broke lose at work. The blog posts that filled my mind, were swept away by arguments over water coolers and electives. (But that's a story for the book I'm going to write about working with graduate students some day!)


Anyway, today's Noah's birthday! And when he woke up I told him that he now fills up a whole hand's worth of fingers, and I asked him if he felt different. He looked at himself and said "yeah, I kinda do!"


I can't believe 5 years has gone by so quickly. Five years ago at this time (1:06pm), I was happily enjoying my epidural and Walt was telling everyone "Any minute now!!!", meanwhile Noah wasn't born until 9:31pm. I am so blessed to have him in my life and am so lucky to be his mom. He's taught me a lot - and you wouldn't believe all of the things I've learned about animals in 5 years. Did you know that sloths only leave the trees to go to the bathroom? Now you do!


I'll leave you with a "then" picture - here he is, just after he was born. My how he's grown!

No comments: